Matest Gyratory Compactor is used to simulate and reproduce the real compaction conditions under actual road paving operations, hence determining the compaction properties of the asphalt.
Such compaction is achieved by combining the rotary action and the vertical resultant force applied by a mechanical head.
The Compactor comprises a highly rigid steel frame ensuring excellent angle control.
Load is applied by an electro-pneumatic cylinder, servo-controlled by a precision pressure regulator; the height is measured by a linear transducer.
Gyratory motion is generated by an eccentric high precision system allowing an easy set up with precision and constant angle of gyration.
The rotation speed is controlled by an inverter through on board computer control.
Using the proper perforated mould, the Compactor is able to run tests also on cold emulsified asphalt mix.
The acquired results are also employed in the investigation of volumetric and mechanical characteristics of the asphalt mix.
- Highly rigid steel frame ensuring excellent angle control.
- Electro-pneumatic action with servo-controlled regulator.
- Electronic control unit with touch screen color display, that runs like a standard PC based on Windows operating system.
The touch-screen icon interface allows an easy set up of the parameters and immediate automatic execution of the test, data acquisition, processing, graphics and file.
Direct connection to Intranet (connection to a LAN network) and Internet to establish a remote communication and receive an immediate diagnostic analysis of the potential problem from Matest technicians, or for software updates.
Unlimited memory storage with: 2 USB ports, 1 SD card.
- Compacted specimen size: dia 100 and 150 mm; height from 0 to 200 mm for both sizes.
- Mould dimensions: Internal dia100 and 150 mm; height 250 mm for both moulds.
- Gyratory angle: adjustable from 0 to 2,4°
- Number of cycles (gyratory): adjustable from 1 to 5000
- Gyration rate: adjustable from 5 to 60 work cycles/min (30 cycles/min requested by Standards)
- Vertical load on 150mm dia specimen: adjustable from 10 to 900 kPa (900 kPa with 9 bar compressor, 800 kPa with 8 bar compressor, 700 kPa with 7 bar compressor)
- Vertical load on 100 mm dia specimen: adjustable from 23 to 1500 kPa (with 7 bar compressor)
- The vertical load on the specimen is automatically controlled and adjusted by the electronic system.
Modes of operation:
- Compaction of specimen in accordance to the selected number of rotations.
- Compaction of specimen upon reaching the selected height.
- Compaction of specimen upon reaching the selected density.
Data acquisition: number of rotations, specimen height, angle of rotation, applied load (to assure tolerances requested by the Standards)
Requires pressurized air, minimum 7 bar.
The Matest Gyratory Compactor is supplied complete with standard height block, lubricant, power cord.
Optional extra are: moulds, filter paper, penetration pistons, extruder, bench, air compressor to be ordered separately
Power supply: 230V 1ph 50Hz 1000W
Weight: 240 kg