This Roller Compactor entirely developed and manufactured by Matest, fully operates with the electro-mechanical system, and therefore “does not require any air source (compressor) or hydraulic pressure”.
It is used to produce representative sample slabs of several dimensions of bituminous mixtures laid and compacted in the roads.
The compaction is performed through a segmented roller with alternated operated rotation simulating the on-site action of a street roller.
Slabs are compacted up to the selected density and are then compatible for rut tests with B038 Matest Wheel Tracker.
The slabs can also be cored or cut off to obtain cylinders and beams for bending fatigue, indirect tensile, static and dynamic creep, stiffness, 4-point tests, etc.
THE ROLLER COMPACTOR CONSISTS OF:
- Sturdy steel frame, mould support table with alternating displacement system, for table displacement and vertical load pressure
- Electronic control unit with touch screen colour display, that runs like a standard PC based on Windows operating system for the management and analysis of the data, test results, graphs. The touch-screen icon interface allows an easy set up of the parameters and immediate execution of the test. Direct connection to Intranet (connection to a LAN network) and Internet to establish a remote communication and receive an immediate diagnostic analysis of the potential problem from Matest technicians, or for updates of the software.
Unlimited memory storage with: 2 USB ports, 1 SD card slot , RS232/485 serial port.
Three transducers are installed to manage the roller and table displacements and vertical load pressure.
The compaction cycle can be programmed by aiming a certain load or deformation value.
When deformation value is programmed, the system automatically programs the suitable loads to obtain the selected final thickness.
The flexibility of the program grants the production of samples with uniform density and dimensions, fully meeting Standards
Spec. and Research requirements.
A friendly and easy to use interface allows an immediate and fully automatic test execution, data acquisition and processing, Test Report and file.
The Roller Compactor is supplied “without” roller segment, slab mould, centering plate, that must be ordered separately (see accessories).
- Possibility to use standard or heated roller segments of different sizes (see accessories): width up to 400mm, length up to 500mm and radius 490mm, with obtainable slabs dimensions of:
320x260mm thick up to 180mm
305x305x25 to 100 mm thick
400x305x25 to 100 mm thick
500x400mm, thick up to 180mm
- Vertical force selectable up to max. 38 kN
- Programmable density target compaction
- Policarbonate safety enclosure to CE Directive
- Simple and quick roller and mould positioning
- Easy to maintain
- Power supply: 230V 50/60Hz 1ph 550W
- Dimensions: 2200x1030 xh 1880 mm (2410mm with opened guard)
- Weight: 1300 kg