Automatic binder extraction unit
Used to perform reliable analysis on bituminous mixtures using the perchloroethylene (PCE) or tetrachloroethylene solvent which is classified: R40 (not cancer producing*), for quantitative determination of binder or bitumen contained in pavement samples and hot mixed mixtures.
The system performs in only one complete automatic cycle:
- the washing, disaggregation and separation of the bituminous mixture;
- the separation of the filler from the solution formed by solvent, bitumen and filler;
- the recovery and distillation of solvent material allowing a further utilization.
The unit comprises:
- An electromagnetic sieving unit, insuring high quality double vibrating action (vertical/rotational), with solvent spraying cover for washing and disaggregation of the sample.
- A continuous flow filterless centrifuge having rotation speed of 11000 rpm equipped with a stainless steel beaker Ø 120mm, filler capacity approx. 400 g.
- A solvent recovery unit having reclaiming capacity of 50 l/h, equipped with cooling system switching ON and OFF the unit to automatically perform the test.
- A separate control panel allows to program all these functions in a fully automatic system. It is also possible to select the manual control.
This unit is supplied complete with:
- Two stainless steel beakers Ø 120 mm
- Four stainless steel sieves Ø 200 mm openings: 0.063 - 0.250 - 0.800 - 2 mm
- One Sieve Frame only Ø 200 mm to improve the capacity of the first sieve.
- Set of O ring gaskets for sieves.
Power supply: 400V 3ph 50Hz 5.5kW
Overall dimensions: 1400x680x1820 mm
Total weight: 367 kg approx.
Note: * it is possible to use also the Trichloroethylene (CHC1:CC12), but as per 2001/59/CE Directive, it is classified “R45”, and therefore considered a dangerous solvent. (Toxic and cancer-producing)