Chloride field test system
The determination of the chloride ion concentration in concrete is essential in assessing the need for maintenance on, for example, bridge decks and parking structures.
The test can also be used to ensure that materials used in new construction are free from potentially harmful chloride ion levels.
With this method, the concentration of acid soluble chlorides is measured.
In most cases this is equivalent to total chloride concentration.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast results within minutes at the site
- Low cost per sample compared to laboratory testing
- Accurate results are comparable to laboratory testing
- Covers wide range from 0,002% to 2% chloride by weight
- Automatic compensation for changes in ambient temperature
- Digital display for direct reading of lbs./cu.yd. and percentage of chloride by weight
The test system includes:
- Electronic meter, high impedance with temperature compensation and microprocessor for direct conversion to percentage of chloride. Battery powered.
- Chloride combination electrode with temperature sensor
- 12 jars each with 20 ml of extraction liquid
- 5 jars of coloured calibration liquid
- Scale for 3 g samples weighing, accessories, carrying case
Weight: 5 kg approx.