Relative density of cohesionless soils, ASTM
The method is applicable for the determination of the relative density of cohesionless soil where impact compaction will not produce a well defined moisture/density relationship curve.
The maximum density of the impact test is normally less than the vibratory method.
The set is composed of:
- S238-10 Vibrating electromagnetic table, as above described.
- S238-11N Relative density mould 0.5 cu. ft. capacity with accessories.
- S238-13N Relative density mould 0.1 cu. ft. capacity with accessories.
- S238-14N Surcharge weight and base with handle to ASTM for the 0.5 cu. ft. mould.
- S238-15N Surcharge weight and base with handle to ASTM for the 0.1 cu. ft. mould.
- S238-16 Relative density gauge measuring set.
- S238-17 Pouring devices Ø 12.5 and 25 mm.
Power supply: 230V 1ph 50/60 Hz
Total weight: 310 kg approx.