Automatic Digital Ring and Ball Apparatus
- EN 1427
- ASTM D36
- AASHTO T53
- NF T66-008
- BS 2000
- DIN 52011
- UNE 7111
- UNI 4161
- CNR N. 35
SOFTMATIC, is a high technology digital microprocessor tester, designed and manufactured by Matest, automatically determines the softening point of asphalts and pitches.
Two laser sensors detect the balls fall determining the softening point.
The bath temperature is measured by an electronic system maintaining the gradient (5 °C/min) as specified by the Standards.
A magnetic stirrer with electronic speed adjustment from 0 to 160 rpm also ensures a uniform temperature in the vessel during the test execution.
The cooling system enables to quickly cool down the samples, allowing to perform many more tests per day.
The touch-screen graphical interface allows an easy set up of the parameters and the immediate execution of the test.
High resolution color display, 800x480 pixel, offers all the functions of a PC for the management and analysis of data, test results, and graphs.
Two test parameters can be selected in the microprocessor menu:
- test on boiled distilled water for softening point from 30 to 80 °C.
- test on glycerol for softening point from 80 up to 150 °C.
The tester is basically composed of:
- Ceramic-glass heating plate with automatic cut off at the end of the test cycle.
- Motherboard with microprocessor, which controls: heater/stirrer, temperature probe, laser sensors, pre-heating phase of the plate, and memorizes all the test parameters.
- Steel balls centering device.
Power supply: 230V 1ph 50-60Hz 700W
Dimensions: 435x330xh510 mm
Weight: 20 kg approx.